Though this warning looks pretty much scary but the reason for this is very much simple and the solution as well.
Q. When did you get this error ?
A. The possible reasons for getting this error are:
- You have re-installed you system and trying to ssh to the newly installed system.
- You have assigned the IP address of one system to another system and trying to ssh.
- You system is dual boot with different ssh keys in both flavors of linux.
- You are using an IP for load balancing and trying to ssh to the same IP.
- You generated new ssh keys for your system. (Read this article for the re-generation of the host keys: Generate SSH host keys)
- Someone trying to do some nasty things, or you can say man-in-the-middle attack.
There could be lots of solution for this problem, which are explained below:
Read the complete article »